Race Day is Sunday, October 29th, 2017
- Pre-race events and a free 8 week training plan.
- An oh-so-sexy long sleeve technical shirt. (See sizing chart below.)
- A unique finisher charm for all 2015 and 2016 finishers and a bracelet and charm for all others. We hope that you will wear it with pride and collect beach related charms each year to increase it’s value with each time your run/walk with us!
- Post race fun, food and entertainment and lots of treats along the way!
- Registration is limited to 1,250 ladies.
- To check if you are registered click on the “Lookup Your Registration” button above.
- This race is a chip timed event. The chip will be attached to your race bib (your number).
- Pets are not allowed. (Our insurance will not permit it.)
- No refunds: This is a charity race and proceeds go to the charity.
- No Bib Transfers, but Deferrals are available (see Deferrals in the Special Programs section below)
- No shipping: We will not send you your bib number or shirt, etc. Please find a friend/relative who can pick up your shirt, bib number and goodies for you if you cannot make one of the packet pickups on the Friday or Saturday before the race, or come early and pick it up on race day morning.
- The Deferral Program is available between 1/1/17 and 7/15/17 for a $10.00 fee. For referrals after that date see the program details below. Register early to save money and use the deferral program only if something comes up which keeps you from attending. Better than insurance as you only pay for it if/when you need it!
- Deferrals – This is the third year of our Deferral Program and we have made changes this year. If you register for the 2017 run/walk prior to July 16th you become unable to join us on race day, you may choose to defer your 2017 registration until our 2018 run/walk. There is a $10 fee which is due with the deferral. After July 15th the deferral fee will increase to $15 until October 1st, when the program will no longer be available unless we receive a note from a certified medical professional stating that because of a current medical condition you will be unable to participate with us on race day. In that case we will defer your 2017 registration for you with the current deferral fee ($15).Here are the steps to defer prior to prior to October 1st:
- Log into RunSignup
- Click on “Profile”
- Click on “My Registered Races“
- Click on “View/Edit” next to the registration for this race
- Click on “Defer“
- Fundraising – Run/walk for free by registering as a Fundraiser and raising a minimum of $100 for Aslan Youth Ministries by race week! Here’s how:
1) Click on “BECOME RUNDRAISER” (half way down the 3rd registration page on the right-hand side on the screen)
2) Click the button “I agree to meet the fundraiser minimum. Registration fee will be waived.”
3) Create a free Fundraising page (if you wish): create a unique URL of your choosing (to send people directly to your fundraising page), upload a picture or graphic, write a personal message to your supporters who visit your page (or use the sample message) and decide if you’d like to show a goal thermometer and list of donors on your page (the default selection).
4) You can also choose to create or join a Fundraising Team or continue to register as an individual
5) Please note: donating to your own fundraising goal is optional as we hope that your supporters will do the donating, not you
When you get to the “Review your registration information” screen you will see that your race registration fee for the “5 Miler” is now $0.00. If everything else look correct be sure to click the “COMPLETE REGISTRATION” button.
- Groups/Teams – Discounted race entries when you register as a group or Corporate team! We provide discounts to groups and corporate teams of at least 5 Beauties and the discount increases for larger groups/teams. If you’re interested in creating a group/team here are the details:
The group/team captain should create their group/team and members should start registering on-line at the current registration cost. As the group size reaches a discount trigger point (see below) each currently registered member will receive a refund on the fee they paid.
The discounts and trigger points are as follows:
Once the 5th person registers in a group, the previous four group members will each receive an $1.50 rebate, when the 10th person registers the previous nine members will receive an additional $2.00 rebate and when the 30th person registers the previous 29 members will receive an additional $2.50 rebate. All rebates will be automatically credited to each members credit/debit card used during registration.
The rebate schedule listed above assumes that no other discount was applied to your initial registration via a coupon, etc. If your initial registration was discounted then these team rebates will begin once the team discount exceeds your initial discount. In short, we do not provide group/team discounts on top of already discounted registrations.
There is no need to contact us to pre-commit to a group size or to ask for a discount coupon code this year.
- Loyalty – If you registered for our 2016 run/walk you are automatically included in our 2017 Loyalty Program. Loyalty Program members are able to register during a special period of time with significantly reduced fees. This special discount period is our way of thanking our loyal Beauties.
We have heard from some past Beauties who were unable to register in 2016 because of: injury, pregnancy or other major life event and we will be glad to add each of them to the 2017 Loyalty Program list if they registered in 2014 and 2015 but were unable to register in 2016 due to the above type of issues. If that applies to you please send an email to Info@beautyandthebeachrun.com with your specific details. We look forward to hearing from all eligible Beauties in order thank everyone for their continued support over the past few years!
- Referral – We are again providing Beauties with the opportunity to reduce their registration cost by encouraging their friends and family to sign up with them. Here’s how it works: When you register, a special referral code and link will be automatically generated for you (unless you are a member of a Group or Team) and will be added to your registration confirmation email. We encourage you to add your personal referral link and code to your social media channels and to your emails in order to make the process as easy as possible for your friends and family to register using your personal code. Then, for every two people who register by clicking on the link with your personal code, $4.00 will be refunded to your credit card (the one you used to register), however, your total registration fee can not go below $20. All referrers who have 10 or more referrals credited to their personal code before race day will be awarded a special charm for their bracelet during the post-race awards ceremony! We are eager to increase the amount of money this special event raises for Aslan Youth Ministries each year, and hope that you are too.
- $30 – December 1st through December 31st, 2016, or $0 with $100+ fundraising
- $35 – January 1st through April 30, 2017, or $0 with $100+ fundraising
- $40 – May 1st through June 30, 2017, or $0 with $100+ fundraising
- $45 – July 1st through August 31st, 2017, or $0 with $100+ fundraising, If the limit has not been reached
- $50 – September 1st through September 30th, 2017, or $0 with $100+ fundraising, If the limit has not been reached
- $55 – October 1st through October 26th, 2017, or $0 with $100+ fundraising, If the limit has not been reached
- $60 – October 27th through October 29, 2017 (race day), If the limit has not been reach
These 2017 shirts should fit similar to our 2015 and 2016 shirts using the chart below.
Womens XS S M L XL XXL Bust (inches) 30 32 34 36 40 42 Body Length (inches) 23 24 25 26 26.5 27.5
This sizing chart is an approximation.
Start by placing a measuring tape around the largest part of your bust.
The tape should be flat but not too snug.
Measure from the highest point of the shoulder to the bottom of the shirt.
Be sure to keep tape straight for a more accurate measurement.
Please note: These shirts have a slight taper to them along the sides – they are not cut full like unisex (men’s shirts).